Sunday, September 17, 2006

::London's Open House Weekend

The London Open House weekend takes place every year, this year it takes place on the Saturday, 16 and Sunday, 17 September 2006. It is a day dedicated to opening of most of London’s landmarks for the public access.

I only got to go to two buildings, the first one being Carling Brixton Academy, as the names says it’s located in Brixton, South London and it used to be a theatre prior to it becoming one of Britain’s top music venue. I had a chance to see System of a Down live last year June in this venue and you can predict the excitement I had to able to go to the restricted area such as back stage, kitchen and so forth.
P9163730Bank of England

The second building I went was Bank of England (one of the oldest bank in the world), located in the City of London next to Bank tube station. After two hours and twenty minutes of queuing, the guide took us on a tour throughout the building, the guide said: “we are going to the area where no one is allowed to go” We visited Mervin King (current chairman) office and the garden next to his office where he meets high dignitaries such as PM Blair, Gordon Brown etc. We then went to the room where monthly interest is set, followed by dining room, board room etc.
P9163719
This tour have been mouth-watering and mesmerising and I will cherish it for the rest of my life and I will make sure I will be visiting again next year God willing. P9163718

No comments:

Post a Comment