Friday, February 08, 2008

Meeting Tom Hunter (Photographer)

Two weeks ago I met Tom Hunter at a workshop he was doing at the London Printing College in Elephant and Castle.

Tom relates most of his work to art especially to the Dutch painters such as Vermeer and tries to replicate it using photography as a tool. He uses film with large format camera.

At the time of meeting him I had a problem convincing some people for the project I was doing to photograph them. So I asked Tom on how he convinces his sitters to model for his camera? His answer was you have got to know them a lit bit more. But the problem with my project was I knew those people for more than three years it is just they don't want to appear on my photographs because the social stigma of my project.


Tom Hunter

Photo :© Ermiyas Mekonnen


No comments:

Post a Comment